Baked Cream of Mushroom Chicken Casserole — from bakeyourwaykitchen!
This recipe was a classic when I was growing up and it is so easy to put together
Video Demonstration Here:
620 ML of Condensed Cream of Mushroom or Chicken Soup — make sure there is no monosodium glutamate!
1 ½ cups (360ml) milk
1 cup Grated Parmesan cheese OR ½ CUP Parmesan/ ½ CUP old cheddar cheese
2 Teaspoons of Onion Seasoning
1 ¼ Pounds (600 grams) of COOKED Shredded Chicken (any meat will work — I like to use chicken thighs for this recipe)
1 Cup of Diced Musherooms
300 Grams (just over ½ a pound) of COOKED Spaghettini or any type of pasta you wish
½ cup of Panko breadcrumbs or any crumbed bread
2 Tablespoons (28 Grams) of Butter
¼ Cup of Parsley
1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 410F/200C. In a bowl, mix together condensed cream soup with milk, Parmesan, onion powder.
2. Add cooked shredded chicken, mushrooms, and cooked pasta. Stir till evenly incorporated.
3. Spread the mixture into a 9 by 13 prepared baking dish (lightly butter or spray your pan to prepare for casserole).
4. In a separate bowl, mix together breadcrumbs with melted butter, parsley and garlic powder.
5. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the chicken mixture.
6. Bake for 15-25 minutes, till the casserole is bubbly and breadcrumbs have developed a beautiful golden brown colour.
7. Remove the dish from the oven.
8. Serve and enjoy right away.
This delicious dish can be enjoyed right away and stored in the refrigerator for a few days. It is a quick and easy dish with a rich flavour.