Banana Cake – A Quick Cake Recipe from bakeyourwaykitchen
This is a delicious moist cake recipe, delicious on its own or with many different frostings, especially, peanut or chocolate frostings.
*see video of nut frosting to see the banana cake frosted
Video Demonstration Here:
1 Cup (227 Grams) Unsalted Butter
1 Cup (200 Grams) Granulated Sugar.
3 Large Bananas (a little over 1 pound – 500 grams), mashed
1/4 Cup of Sour Milk (1/4 cup of milk & a teaspoon of lemon juice or vinegar
2 Teaspoons of Vanilla
1 3/4 Cup Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F/180C
2. Cream butter till nice and smooth in a stand or electric mixer.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, gradually at low speed.
3. Add sugar and beat till light and fluffy.
4. Add in the mashed bananas.
5. Mix together all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
6. Pour dry ingredients in 3 additions with milk in two into cake mixture (start and end with the dry ingredients) over medium, medium-low speed.
7. Spread evenly into 2 cake tins.
8. Place in oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven, keep in tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Once the cake has cooled completely, add a frosting of your choice, serve with ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!
This cake is best the day it is made but can be stored in the fridge or at room temperature in a container for up to 1 week.