Chai Chia Seed Bread
A simple bread recipe ready in minutes. No kneading, no yeast, no hassle!
1/2 Cup (113 Grams) Unsalted Butter, softened
1/2 Cup (100 Grams) Sugar
1/4 Cup (60 Grams) Chia Seeds
3/4 Cup (180ml) Milk
2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
Lemon Zest from 1/2 Lemon
1 Teaspoon Chai Spice Blend
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 1/4 Cup (175 Grams) Whole Wheat Flour
- Grease loaf pan and/or spread parchment paper along the inside. Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Spread chia seeds over milk with lemon juice. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Cream butter with whisk or spatula until creamy. Add in sugar and mix until well combined
- Add egg and mix.
- Add chai seed milk mixture to butter mixture until combined.
- Whisk chai spice and dry ingredients in a seperate bowl.
- Fold into wet mixture JUST until combined. (if dough is very dry, add in 1-2 tablespoons of milk)
- Place in loaf pan and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or just until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean. (start checking after 15 minutes in the oven)
Helpful Tip: Some fan ovens can be known to bake the exterior faster than the inside. Cover with foil if the outside is baking too fast and reduce the heat slightly.