Simple and great on a variety of cakes as a frosting.
1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
2 Teaspoons of Espresso Powder
1 Teaspoon of Cocoa Powder
Pinch of Salt
28 Grams (1 ounce) Bittersweet Chocolate, melted
28 Grams (1 ounce) Unsweetened Chocolate, melted
3/4 Cup (150 Grams) Butter, MUST BE SOFTENED!
1. Mix powdered sugar, egg, espresso powder, cocoa powder and salt to form a paste.
2. Melt both chocolates in the microwave or double boiler. Let cool.
3. Mixing constantly, add butter (about two tablespoons at a time) in 30 second increments. Mix constantly till all butter is
4. Add the melted chocolate.
5. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before use.
6. Frost on your cake!
You can make this up to 3 days before frosting. This is a rich frosting, great especially with vanilla or yellow cakes.