Chocolate Ganache & Truffles – Fast Basic Recipe from bakeyourwaykitchen!
Chocolate Ganache is a versatile rich liquid chocolate perfect for frosting cakes, truffles and anything sweet! See how easy it is for yourself.
Video Demonstration Here:
¼ Pound (113 Grams) of High Quality Bittersweet Chocolate (at least 60%
Pinch of Salt
2 Teaspoons of Butter
1/3 Cup (80ml) of Heavy Whipping Cream
½ – 1 Teaspoon of an extract of your choice. (or you can divide the extracts and use multiple extracts)
1. Place chocolate, salt, butter and cream in a double boiler. Stirring occasionally until all combined.
2. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
3. A) GANACHE: If you are making the ganache, let cool for at least an hour and use as a topping for a dessert you are working with.
B) TRUFFLES: You can optionally add flavouring by adding extract. In this video, I divided the chocolate and used two extracts (orange and coffee). But you can used which ever you want.
4. Cover and place in fridge overnight.
5. Remove from fridge, place a piece of parchment paper over cookie sheet. Roll into balls, optionally add garnish such as candy cane bits or cocoa powder for a different look
6. Keep stored in fridge until needed.
Chocolate truffles are delicious. The higher the quality of chocolate you use, the better they will turn out.
Store in the fridge for up to two weeks.