Amazingly delicious. Great with to add to an ice cream sundae with chocolate sauce, on their own or to garnish any sweet dessert!
Recipe credit owed to Humphry Slocombe Ice Cream Book
Approx. 2 Cups Raw Peanuts or Almonds
1 Egg White
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 Teaspoon Salt (if nuts are salted, leave this out or only add a pinch
1. Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Roast raw nuts in oven for about 7 minutes or until they develop a nice light brown colour. (if nuts are already roasted, skip this step)
3. In the mean time, whisk together granulated sugar, egg white, vanilla extract and salt until combined.
4. Remove nuts from oven and set oven to 250F/125C and let roasted nuts cool for at least 10 minutes before adding to egg white mixture.
5. Stirring rapidly at the start, pour peanuts into egg white mixture.
6. Pour on to cookie sheet lined with parchment/wax paper or a silicon baking sheet.
7. Bake in oven for about 30 minutes, stirring at the 10 and 20 minute mark to prevent from clumping together. They will be done when the sugar has crystalized around the nuts and the mixture has fully dried.
8. Let cool out of the oven for about 20 minutes before transferring to an airtight container.
Tip: Stores for a couple weeks (if they last that long). Although you can use roasted or roasted/salted nuts for this recipe, it is optimal to buy raw and roast them at home.