Ginger Butternut Squash Soup – a Healthy Midwinter Recipe from bakeyourwaykitchen!
In this video, I am going to show you how to make a Ginger Butternut Squash Soup. It is quick, easy and delicious!
Video Demonstration Here:
2 Tablespoons of Oil (vegetable or olive oil would work)
2 Chopped Carrots
1 Large Onion
1 Large Sweet or Regular Potation (I would recommend sweet potato for this recipe)
1 lb (454 Grams) Butternut Squash (wash, peel and cut into cubes)
1.5 Teaspoons of Thyme
1 Teaspoon of Ginger
1 Small Can of Coconut Milk (160mL)
1 Litre (1000ml) Chicken or Vegeatble Broth
1 Cup of Water
1 Honeycrisp or Pink Lady Apple (cut into cubes)
¼ Cup of Heavy Cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Place a couple tablespoons of oil in a large soup pot.
2. Peel and cut the butternut squash into cubes
3. Cut carrots and onion coarsely.
4. Peel and cut potato into small cubes (so it cooks faster)
5. Place soup pot over medium-high heat and add onions to caramelize for about 3-5 minutes.
6. Add the rest of the vegetables and cook for about 5-7 minutes (stirring frequently)
7. Add the thyme, ginger, apple, broth and water.
8. Let soup come to a boil and reduce heat and cook until potatoes are fork tender.
9. Puree the soup using a blender or food processor.
10. Place soup back into soup pot, turn heat to medium and add the cream.
11. Once the soup has come just below a boil, add salt and pepper to taste.
12. Serve and Enjoy!
This soup is delicious and can be stored in the refrigerator for several days or can be placed in freezer. Serve warm with soft bread.