Ultra Soft & Chewy Ginger Cookies
Milk is definitely a pairing requirement for this sweet, soft and ultra chewy cookie. An irresistible cookie all year round, especially during autumn.
1 Cup (227 Grams) Sweet Butter, softened
2 Cups (420 Grams) Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Molasses
1 Pound (454 Grams) Flour
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Ginger
1/2 Teaspoon All Cloves
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Espresso
- Preheat oven to 325F/165C and line cookie sheet with parchement paper.
- Beat softened butter with handheld or stand mixer with paddle attachment or by hand until creamy.
- Beat in sugar until fully incorporated.
- Add eggs one at a time to mixture, beating each egg until fully incorporated.
- Add molasses and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients together and GENTLY add to wet mixture in 3 or 4 stages.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop the dough on to line cookie sheet. I recommend a 3 tablespoon scoop for a large cookie
- Depends on the size, (for a 3 tablespoon cookie) 12-14 minutes, although many ovens are different so keep an eye after 8 minutes. Looking for centre of cookie to have set and the edges to start to crisp.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Store in an air tight container!
Helpful Tip: Monitor these cookies closely. The soft and chewy texture is completely reliant on the time they are taken out of the oven.