Granola Pie Crust – A Delicious Alternative Pie Crust Recipe from bakeyourwaykitchen!
In this video, I will show you how to make a delicious granola pie crust. An incredible alternative to a traditional pie crust.
Video Demonstration Here:
1 ½ Cups of Granola (you can use the peanut butter granola recipe on my channel) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXFshVwOXIk
1 Teaspoon of Organic Cane Juice or Sugar
1/3 Cup (75 Grams) Unsalted Butter
1. Melt Butter on stove or microwave
2. Preheat oven to 350F/180C
3. Place granola in a mixing bowl with cane juice or sugar
4. Add ¾ of melted butter. Add just enough to moisten all the granola pieces.
5. Prepare a pie plate (8 or 9 inch) by buttering or spraying with a cooking spray.
6. Pour granola mixture in pie plate and press firmly around bottom of pie plate. If you want it up the sides as well, you will need to increase the amount of granola by at least ½ cup and add an extra 2 tablespoons of butter.
7. Place in oven for anywhere from 8-15 minutes until crust has set and has developed a light brown colour. (you can turn down your oven if it is baking too quickly. The crust must set to ensure it does not crumble when you add the filling)
8. Add the desired pie filling and enjoy!