Honey Milk Cake – A Moist Cake Recipe from bakeyourwaykitchen!
This quick bake cake that is moist, not ultra sweet but is very satisfying. Great for birthdays, holidays or really anytime of year and it takes under an hour to make with prep time included.
1 1/2 Cups (195 Grams) Flour
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
3 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
1/3 Cup of Unsalted Butter, softened
1/3 Cup of Sugar (70 Grams)
1/3 Cup of Honey
2 Teaspoons of Vanilla
2/3 Cup (160ml) Milk
1/4 Cup of Honey, brought to a boil
1 Tablespoon of Butter, Melted
1. Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease an 8 inch square baking pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, sift all the dry ingredients. (flour, salt, baking powder)
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until nice and creamy. Add honey, vanilla and sugar.
4. Add one egg.
5. Add dry ingredients in 3 additions with milk in two with the wet ingredients. (dry, milk, dry, milk, dry)
6. Mix just until combined.
7. Pour into square baking pan. Spread evenly.
8. Place in oven for about 30 minutes or until cake has risen, develops golden brown colour and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven, let sit for 30 minutes.
10. OPTIONAL STEP – Mix boiled honey with melted butter for glaze and pour over the honey cake.
11. Let cool completely.
12. Serve & enjoy!
This cake is a favourite and it is so fast to make. It can be served the day of or can be made up to 5 days in advanced.