Spicy Beef Meatloaf – A Quick Savory Baking Recipe from bakeyourwaykitchen!
This meatloaf is very flavorful and easy to prepare. Just takes a few ingredients.
1.5 Pounds of lean or extra lean ground beef – 680 Grams (could also use a mix of two meats or veal or pork instead, I sometimes use a combination of veal and beef)
2/3 cup (160ml) milk
1/4 tsp white or black pepper
2 tsp salt (I sometimes use truffle salt for a richer taste, recommended if you have it on hand)
3/4 Cup of Bread Crumbs
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup carrots, finely chopped
1/2 Cup of Parmesan Cheese*
1/2 Cup of Old Cheddar Cheese*
*the cheese you can use is up to you. I like the combination of old cheddar and parmesan.
1/4 cup (55 Grams) Brown Sugar
1/4 cup heinz chili sauce or ketchup (I find the flavour is much better with the chili sauce but ketchup will work if chili sauce is not available where you live)
1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon of mustard
1. Preheat oven to 360F/185C.
2. Mix all ingredients together till well incorporated. (except for sauce ingredients)
3. Place meat mixture into a loaf pan. Smear the sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
4. Place in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until fully cooked.
5. Remove from oven. Let sit for 5 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is fast and delicous. Best the day it is made but can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.