Minestrone Soup – A Heart Healthy Soup Recipe from bakeyourwaykitchen!
A great recipe for the fall. This soup is a classic. It can easily be made at home without all the processed ingredients in canned minestrone soup.
2 Tablespoons of Oil
3 Medium sized Zucchini
100 Grams Mushroom, sliced
2 Large CarrotsCarrots
2 Celery Stalks
1 Large Onion
¼ Cup Risotto
1 Large Can (28 oz – 798ml) of Tomatoes, chopped or crushed.
5-6 Cups Chicken, Vegetable Stock or Water (you can add more if needed, depending on the amount of vegetables you use.
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 Bunch of Spinach Leaves
1/3 Cup of Fresh Basil Leaves
½ Cup of Quinoa
Chopped Green Beans
- Add oil to a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Saute all vegetables for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Season with salt & pepper. Add risotto.
- Stir well and add white wine. Let cook for about a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and stock. As well as spinach and basil. Bring to just under a boil and reduce heat to medium at that point.
- Add the quinoa, beans and cook covered for about 20 minutes. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve & Enjoy!
For later use, this soup can easily be stored in the freezer or kept in the fridge for up to 1 week.