Energy Bar — Nutritious, Delicious Energy Bar Recipe from bakeyourwaykitchen! (no protein powders required!)
I will show you how to make a simple, healthy no bake energy bar, super fast. You can substitute the types of seeds and nuts used to your liking. Great for on the go as a quick snack or power breakfast.
Video Demonstration Here:
2 Tablespoons of Honey
1 1/2 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup (you may need another 1/2 tablespoon depending on the nuts and seeds used)
¾ Tablespoon of Raw Nut Butter — see recipe for nut butter here:
¼ Cup (40 Grams) of Almonds
1 Tablespoon of Seseame Seeds
1 Tablespoon of Flax Seeds
1 Tablespoon of Sunflower Seeds
1 Tablespoon of Cocoa Powder (Natural unsweetened)
1/3 cup of Rolled Oats
You can change the proportions and the seeds and nuts used to your liking.
Makes about 4 energy bars at approximately 200 calories each. These are quite satisfying and perfect for on the go or for those long workouts!
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until combined.
2. If mixture is too dry, you can add ½ to full tablespoon more of either honey or maple syrup.
3. Prepare a loaf pan with parchment or wax paper.
4. Flatten the energy bar mixture into the bottom of the pan.
5. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
6. They are ready. Cut them into the sizes you want and wrap them in plastic wrap.
You can store these in the fridge for several days.
These are very quick and easy to make. They pack a lot of nutrition and are great when you are on the go.