Peanut Butter & Jelly (PB & J) Muffins
The combination of peanut butter and jelly has been around a long time, but how many have had this combination without it being between two slices of bread. That tradition ends today.
1 3/4 Cup (1/2 Pound/227 Grams) Flour
1 Tablespoon Baking powder
3 Tablespoons (40 Grams) Sugar
3 Tablespoons Butter, softened (not melted!)
1/2 Cup (120 Grams) Peanut Butter
1 Cup (240ml) Milk
1/4 Cup Jam (likely will only end up needing about 2 or 3 tablespoons)
Makes about 12 medium sized muffins.
- Preheat oven to 400F/200c and grease muffin tins or use muffin wraps.
- Whisk all dry ingredients (including the sugar) together in a medium bowl.
- Using a food processor or pastry blender, combine the soften butter and peanut butter into the dry ingredient mixture. Looking for it to result like course crumbs.
- Beat in egg until combined with 1 cup of milk. Add milk about 1/3 Cup at a time.
- Using a 1/4 Cup scoop or 2 large spoons, distribute muffin batter in muffin tins.
- Using either a home made piping bag (see video) or piper, add about 3 teaspoons of jelly in the centre of each muffin.
- Bake for about 15-17 minutes or until a light brown colour developes on the exterior and ensure that with a toothpick inserted in just off of the centre comes off clean. (do not directly test in centre of muffin because that is where the jelly is).
- Let sit in muffin tin for about 20 minutes before removing from tin.
- Store in airtight container and enjoy!
Tip: It is ideal to use these within a couple days of being baked. You can make the batter ahead of time and bake as needed for freshest result.