Sweet & Salty Butterscotchies:
Rich toffee, butterscotch flavour complemented with a peanut flavour and another punch of butterscotch flavour from the butterscotch chips. This sweet cookie is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
3/4 Cup (170 Grams) Unsalted Butter, softened
3/4 Cup (155 Grams) Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup (150 Grams) Granulated Sugar
2 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 Teaspoons of Light Cream
2 Tablespoons (28 Grams) Nut Butter (almond, peanut or cashew butter)
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 1/4 Cup (165 Grams) Flour
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
3 Cups (270 Grams) Quick Cooking or Thick Rolled Oats
300 Grams Butterscotch Chips
- Preheat oven to 165C/330F and line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Either by hand or with a stand mixer paddle attachment, beat butter until creamy. Add both sugars, nut butter, cream and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy
- Beat in eggs 1 at at time until combined.
- Gently fold all dry ingredients, oats and butterscotch chips. (do not overmix)
- Scoop on to cookie sheet using a cookie scoop. (with a 1 1/2 Tablespoon scoop, these cookies are ready in 11 minutes).
- Bake in oven until cookies develop a golden brown colour and crisp around the edges. Start checking after 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 20 minutes. Store in air tight container.
Baking Tip: if butterscotch chips are not available in your region, you could use equal amount chocolate chips instead