Sweet & Sour Sauce for Asian Dishes from bakeyourwaykitchen!
This sauce is especially great paired with asian pasta dishes, check out the Asian Chicken Pasta Dish with this sauce.
1 Cup of Water
1/2 Cup of Rice Vinegar
1/2 Cup of White Wine Vinegar
1 Tablespoon of Crushed Chili Peppers
2 1/2-3 Teaspoons of Ginger (depending
2 Teaspoons of Sesame Oil
2 Teaspoon of Ketchup
1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
Pinch of Chili Powder
1/2 cup (100 Grams) of Sugar
2 Teaspoons of Corn Starch
1. Mix water and vinegars in a heavy saucepan, bring to just under a boil (on medium-high heat)
2. Add all the other ingredients (except corn starch). Mix all together and let return to just under a boil.
3. Once it has come to a simmer, reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes, add the corn starch, raise temperature to medium, medium-high heat.
5. Stir constantly to ensure no pockets of corn starch clump.
6. After 5-10 minutes of a simmer, the mixture should have thicken up enough to serve.
Store in the refrigerator for later use. Good for at least 7-10 days. Versatile for many savoury dishes.