Vegan Chocolate Pot de Crème
Super simple, super delicious, super adaptable.
170 Grams (6 Ounces) High Quality Chocolate (preferably a dark chocolate over 70%), melt
2 Teaspoons Shortening
1/4 Teaspoon Espresso Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 (160ML – 5.4 US Fluid Ounce) Cans of Coconut Milk
15 Grams (1/2 Ounce) Melted Chocolate (optional)
- Melt chocolate and shortening over double boiler on stove or in a microwave safe bowl
- Pour melted chocolate mixture into a new clean bowl.
- Add in remaining ingredients (except 15 grams of chocolate) and whisk for about a minute or into well combined.
- Pour into personal serving bowls or glasses. Distribute 1/2 ounce of chocolate between servings.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Makes between 4-6 servings.
Tip: You could add a little melted chocolate on the top or add whatever garnish you prefer such as mint leaves, toffee bits etc. Be sure to let chocolate mixture set for at least an hour before adding heavier toppings to avoid the ingredients from sinking.